optical mouse will not work

swapper 16:29 14 Jan 09

I have been using an optical mouse and keyboard with my laptop, it was fine.

I tried it with my PC, the keyboard works fine, but not the mouse, I still have to use a wired mouse, any ideas please?

tia

Clapton is God 16:38 14 Jan 09

Does the mouse need a driver?

mooly 17:44 14 Jan 09

Are you running Vista ? Any error messages when you try and install it.

birdface 17:55 14 Jan 09

Maybe have a look at this if you have your Microsoft updates set to automatic.click here

Stuartli 18:39 14 Jan 09

Perhaps you have the mouse and keyboard inadvertently set to the same channel whilst using your PC (I'm presuming it's a wireless package)?

swapper 09:18 15 Jan 09

Sorry everyone, I have xp pro. and it is a wireless microsoft keyboard and mouse, I also have my updates set to automatic.
As I said, I just linked them to my laptop and the both workded fine.
But not with My PC.

I'll have a look at the links and come back.
thank you.

Stuartli 12:02 15 Jan 09

I also have XP Pro and a wireless mouse and keyboard; whenever the rechargeable batteries in either the mouse or keyboard need replacing, I have to undertake the simple routine afterwards of reassigning the channels.

kalignorgna 12:16 15 Jan 09

have you installed the software and drivers for the mouse and keyboard on your PC? as with more expensive mice and keyboards they tend not to always work properley when first conected to a computer untill the software is installed

Stuartli 14:32 15 Jan 09

That may be the case, but the mouse should still be able to be used for basic work using Windows drivers.

mooly 19:11 15 Jan 09

Does device manager show anything with a problem -- I can't remember on X.P. now, but Vista shows a yellow exclamation mark against anything with a problem.

mooly 19:12 15 Jan 09

This is what I am getting at, and I think this does affect X.P.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5