Optical mouse

exdragon 09:08 01 Feb 03

Morning - can anyone remember the name of the optical mouse which always seems to come top in any reviews? Can't remember whether it's Microsoft or Logitech.

I changed to a trackball 18 months ago after an op for carpal tunnel syndrome, but now my thumb is giving me problems, so I want to change to a different mouse.

AMD 4 ever 09:12 01 Feb 03

As far as the tests go, I am not sure. But ME personally do like the logitec's I find them very good, and sturdy. But it always seems to come dwn to money, as i suspect your health is far more important than budget, I would do a search into both of these, and perhaps get yourself don to PC World where you can have a feel?!?

hope this helps!

exdragon 09:19 01 Feb 03

I've had a look in google, but the name doesn't spring to mind - on refelction, I think it may have been logitech, as I read a review, dashed out to buy it but forgot the name before I reached the shop, so bought what I thought it was!

graham 09:32 01 Feb 03

I have had a Microsoft InteliMouse Explorer for five years. You can program the buttons to give double-click, etc.

AMD 4 ever 09:35 01 Feb 03

oops sorry typo...Logitech.

AL D. 10:29 01 Feb 03

I to have a Intelimouse explorer but found out that if you don't use a mouse mat and use it on a light colored surface this can cause problems,but i overcame this problem by cutting out a piece of black leather 20"x20" and placing it on my desk/table top and securing it with double sided tape,and since then no problems at all (18 months)

AL D. 10:29 01 Feb 03

I to have a Intelimouse explorer but found out that if you don't use a mouse mat and use it on a light colored surface this can cause problems,but i overcame this problem by cutting out a piece of black leather 20"x20" and placing it on my desk/table top and securing it with double sided tape,and since then no problems at all (18 months).

AL D. 10:30 01 Feb 03

sorry about that double posting,don't no why it happened?

Pauper 10:47 01 Feb 03

I too use a ms intelimouse explorer at home, a combination of a small mouse at work which I need for speed on a cad system and a small mouse at home was causing strain on my wrist and fingers, the intelimouse helps stop this by breaking the cycle and forcing me to move my arm rather than just my wrist/fingers due to its size and shape, but as AMD 4 ever states, try before you buy. If possible also have a chair with an arm to act as a support and sit at you desk with the lower half of your arm parallel to the desktop, this will all help, (provided of course it doesn't aggravate you current status).

Stokey 10:51 01 Feb 03

I use a Microsoft Optical Intellimouse. Have not used any other optical mouse so can't offer comparisons but this one is just fine.

grove34 10:58 01 Feb 03

i've got a logitech mx700 cordless optical and rechargeable and its the dogs.

my family did have my head tested after i paid £59.99 for it though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…