optical drives wont read after clean install

impact 19:23 10 Jun 07

Carried out my first clean install today,i put all my software onto a cd ready to put back but my cd-rom and seperate writer arnt responding,i have looked in device manager and they are showing as ok,loaded motherboard drivers from disk ok just my homemade ones wont show, grateful for any suggestions,thanks.

skidzy 19:42 10 Jun 07

" just my homemade ones wont show "

I assume you mean the software,what exactly have you put on the disc.

If you have tried to copy the software programs to disc and they had been setup previously...they will not work !
As there will be mutiple registry paths created, and files scattered all over the place.

You may have to download the software again etc.

impact 19:52 10 Jun 07

i put about six programs onto a cd from the web,AVG zone alarm a2 square etc,then i thought i could just put them onto a disc from my progs folder which i did, i tried the second disc first but nothing came up apart from the window that asks how would you like to open it,i clicked folder to view files, the pane opened but nothing there,same with the disc with software from the web,

impact 19:54 10 Jun 07

just put my epson cd in dvd-rom, and it started up no problem.

skidzy 19:57 10 Jun 07

Try downloading again and save to a folder on your desktop.

Some advice and links for you click here

The programs you put on disk AVG/ ZA etc...did you open or run them before copying to disc ?

impact 20:07 10 Jun 07

i just put them in a temp folder and put them onto a disc.will try your suggestion now,

impact 20:16 10 Jun 07

took three off your list and put them into a folder on my desktop,right clicked it and sent to my writer,it wouldnt entertain it and refused to put them to disc,thanks

skidzy 20:26 10 Jun 07

Ok,check that you can burn to cd.

Check that enable cd recording is enabled.

Im on Vista so my memory is a bit lagged,check using this link click here

impact 12:50 12 Jun 07

Really sorry for long delay in replying,i have just burnt a small homemade movie of my grandchildren,and there were no problems,i am now going to try again to use some of your links to see if i can get them onto a disc also, i will then post back with results,sorry once again.

impact 12:58 12 Jun 07

Just written some programs to disc, took disc out of my writer and put it in my dvd-rom,and there they were ready to install,fantastic,thanks skidzy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…