OPTi 16 audio driver

Chezdez 13:14 21 May 05

hey guys,

long time no see. anyway, my main comp is still down, and i'm on with a bit of a project with restoring an old compaq prolinea 590 machine (90MHz, 64MB RAM, windows 98)

I've managed to install a network card, so it's on the net (i'm using it now), and no wi'm having some trouble with the sound card.

all i know about it is OPTi 16 audio 82C933.

now, i've managed to download something that claims to be a driver, but all it was was "setup.inf", and when i try and use it through the hardware wizard, it just says that the information for your card is not here.

so, any help with setting this would be great

Cheers

Jase

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:19 21 May 05

click here about third of way down.

click here

click here

G

AndySD 13:22 21 May 05
  Chezdez 10:14 26 May 05

hey guys,

cheers for th link. tried all 3 sites, downloaded 3 different drivers, and all i got was "the information for your hardware is not here", or something similar to that.

any other ideas?

AndySD 19:56 26 May 05

Click 'Start'

Click 'Settings'

Click 'Control Panel'

Click 'System'

Select 'Device Manager'

Select the 'sound' Icon

Select the 'Driver' Tab

Click the 'Update Driver' button and a new screen will pop up

Click the 'Next' button on this screen
Ensure Windows 98 installs the correct drivers from your download

A new screen will appear with two 'radio' buttons, with the first selected. Select the second radio button, which displays a list of all the drivers at a specific location.

Click the button 'Next'

Now Click the 'Have Disk' button

Specify the folder which contains the drivers The correct driver files (which have the file format *.inf) will now be installed by the update process.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…