opps !! ive killed my laptop

workaholic babe 02:22 25 Feb 06

help some one please, my laptops dead, cant access any files , its showing some kind of virus , i can only get into some files on safe mode, whats happened ?? need some urgent advice guys how do i sort this out, got loads a work on it need to get to it , pleaseeeee........

wbiggchiefy 02:27 25 Feb 06

pls xplain what exactly you did & what exactly happened & someone will tell u what to do - go step by step , dont omit anything and don't panic and try anything silly pls.

workaholic babe 02:32 25 Feb 06

i think its to do with my daughter downloading kazzah, we manged to clear kazzah off, ive tried to reset it back to a date before kazzah problems it wont allow me , ive tried installing spyware to clear it . it wont let me , i can only get into it via safe mode thats all, but cant access anything.

wbiggchiefy 02:55 25 Feb 06

Try going to - Control Panel - Ad O Remove Programs - scroll down to Kzaa & licj change/uninstall - If this does not uninstall it post back - ( also ban your daughter from the PC ( if she was smart she would have used another p2p prog instead and would probably not have caused u grief (morpheus is good))

wbiggchiefy 03:03 25 Feb 06

Show your daughter the fines that parents have had from their children utilising file sharing progs on the net - inmost magazines most weeks - if all else fails put a password on your windows account and restrict your daughter so that all that she can get is cebeebies - that will work - no doubt!! Chiefy

VoG II 07:53 25 Feb 06

Download Ewido Anti-Malware trial version click here

When installing, under 'Additional Options' untick 'Install background guard' and 'Install scan via context menu'.

Launch Ewido by double clicking the icon on your desktop. The program will now go to the main screen. You will need to update Ewido to the latest definition files. On the left hand side of the main screen click update then click on Start Update.

Then select 'Settings'. Under the bottom section 'What to Scan?' make sure 'Scan every file' is ticked. Select 'OK' and you will return to scanning options. Click on Complete System Scan and the scan will begin. This scan can take quite a while to run.

While the scan is in progress, you will be prompted to clean the first infected file it finds. Choose 'Clean' (or 'Delete' if 'Clean' is not an option). Then put a tick next to 'Perform action on all infections'. Doing this enables the scan to proceed automatically until its completion. Click OK.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:12 25 Feb 06

Run
KazaaBegone 1.10 click here to get rid of all Kazaa files also run Ewido to scan for another spyware on your laptop.

skidzy 10:43 25 Feb 06

As the others have said ...if possible download Ewido from click here from another pc and copy to disc.
Then download ccleaner from click here
and copy to disc.
Run these in safe mode to clear any redundant files left over from uninstalling.
Also with the ccleaner,it has its own uninstaller...which is..in my opinion more thorough than add and remove programs.
Then reboot your system.

workaholic babe 13:42 25 Feb 06

hi guys thanx for all the advice, im trying some of it now , will keep you all posted . once again thanx ...really appreciate this ,

0hh n chiefy, she's banned from downloading music since then , now she knows you know shes quite appologetic actually..

JMG 14:02 25 Feb 06

Have you tried uninstalling the offending app then doing a system restore? Good luck.

workaholic babe 14:29 25 Feb 06

hi jmg- thats what we did but its come up with a box entitled cmd.exe cant go any further what can i do now ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now