Opinions welcomed on my site's design

Red Devil 17:45 20 Sep 05

I've asked for opinions here previously on a website I've designed.

Some of the things that I was told could do with changing have now been done so I'd welcome some further feedback on the design for this website.

The site can be found click here.

Cheers

djinn 19:31 20 Sep 05

Good work, IMHO it's crying out for some CSS but good stuff all the same.

I take it your lads are in the red and white :-)

Cheers

PurplePenny 20:28 20 Sep 05

It's looking good. You do still have the problem with image borders showing on Opera and Firefox but not on IE. The images look OK with or without the borders but it does mean that in Fx and Opera the text is right up against the border.

Now that you've got a handle on the building of the site you might want to start thinking about accessibility. You may feel that you don't want to tackle that yet but here are a couple of things that you can put right easily: add an "alt="describe iamge in here" to each image; change the wording of the in-text links from "here" to something more meaningful (links should still make sense when taken out of context).

Red Devil 21:20 20 Sep 05

Cheers for pointing out the border problem.

I'd noticed on other sites I've designed that I'd used the border function rather than the cellpad to put space between the tables and the text but had changed it. Looks like I forgot to update this site accordingly. I've now updated the index page - is that better?

Regarding the alt function for images - I've done that on another site I've done click here but, again, haven't got around to sorting it out on this site yet as it's so much larger. There's nearly 200 pages to update with something meaningful but I'll get around to it at some stage.

Cheers for the comments.

Red Devil 21:22 20 Sep 05

Regarding css - maybe it's me but I just can't get my head round css. I've tried but I just don't get it.

As for my team - yep, you guessed it, they play in red and white stripes! ;)

De Marcus™ 21:48 20 Sep 05
  Red Devil 21:55 20 Sep 05

Cheers for that, I'll give it a go and see how I get on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now