Opinions wanted recent Ashampoo Platinum products

QinesiQ 17:00 08 May 07

Hi what do you think of ASHAMPOO WINOPTIMIZER PLATINUM 3 and ASHAMPOO UNINSTALLER PLATINUM 2 ?

I am running the winoptimiser and uninstaller platinum suits (on XP) and I have found them to be very good (nuked Norton "security" a treat when all else failed). I just wonder if it’s worth the bother of upgrading. I have an offer - $9 each – which is quite a discount. Will they provide anything better?

Any thoughts?

bluto1 21:29 08 May 07

Ashampoo will no doubt provide something better in the fullness of time. I`ve found their products to be good and would willingly recommend them to anybody. Like you,I often wonder if it`s worth upgrading.
The answer to that is: If you`re happy with what you`ve got....No.
Then the price comes into the argument...truly, if you like the price, and by the way, the spec of the upgrade then go for it. I haven`t had the offer yet.

provider 2 22:15 08 May 07

I too run WinOptimiser Platinum 3, though selectively, never using the one click options. Too much can happen too fast,I suppose.
As bluto 1 says, these are good products and the price is a good one, it would make sense to go for it, especially as they are likely to make you other offers in the future.

QinesiQ 22:59 08 May 07

Hi bluto1 & provider 2

Thank you both for your comments. Much appreciated. I think I will let myself be tempted by the offers.

Incidently, I got the offers after installing cover disk older versions of the products (pc pro & computer world I think).

provider 2 12:24 09 May 07

QunesiQ,
Forgot to mention Ashampoo does a "Name Your Price for Software" promotion where you do just that and you can then negotiate the price. I`m not sure but it may be an offer that is open only to registered customers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…