Opinions on Tiscali Broadband.

Meshuga 18:52 21 Nov 03

Have been considering going onto BB so,as a Tiscali dialup customer, have just checked out tiscaly forums and cannot find anyone with a good word for the service they are getting. Do any of PCA forum members use Tiscali BB and what are their opinions of it`s quality please. Meshuga.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:56 21 Nov 03

click here I find it brilliant but others do not. OTOH some people rate the AudiTT and I think it is rank....

G

MAJ 19:03 21 Nov 03

Yup I use Tiscali BB, the 256 option coz I don't download a lot of huge files. At only £5 per month more than my Tiscali Anytime package, I find it fantastic. It's approx 8 times faster than my Anytime package was, I'm getting up to 32KB/s downloads. No complaints so far (about 2 months) except that for a few days about a month ago their email servers started playing up. All okay now.

MAJ 19:05 21 Nov 03

LOL, GANDALF <|:-)>, not sure about the TT, but my mate's getting rid of his, so you might not be far off the mark.

Meshuga 19:14 21 Nov 03

Hi GANDALF, have "clicked here" as you suggested
and most of those postings bore out the comments on the tiscali forums,namely, great dissatisfaction. This was the same when tiscaly
took over Lineone and a few others. They couldn`t
get anything right then for months. I`ll stick with dialup until they get their act together, if ever.Many thanks for the response. Meshuga.

spuds 19:19 21 Nov 03

Tread carefully when dealing with Tiscali sales and billing upgrade administration, things can get confused.Try doing the change-over on-line if possible, may be less painfull.If you do go for Tiscali BB, then they have a special offer with two of their packages at present.Freeserve are offering a money-back BB package, so it may pay you to have a look there as well.

Tiscali sales have kept me informed on a regular basis, as to progress.So that is a bonus to them.The proof of the pudding, will be the day of BB installation on my computer.

A_World_Maker 19:26 21 Nov 03

When I changed from dialup (24/7) to Broadband, I reduced the dialup account to a 'pay as you go' and was therefore available if the BB should go unavailable. I personally have had nothing but excellent service from both dialup and BB from tiscali

A_World_Maker 19:30 21 Nov 03

btw.. the only time I had to contact tiscali.... they replied via email within 24 hours :-).. Is it me??

jimv7 19:41 21 Nov 03
  Meshuga 20:38 21 Nov 03

Many thanks to all who responded. Regards,
Meshuga.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…