Opinions on MAXTOR hard drives.

King Diamond 21:43 30 May 03

Anyone got good comments on MAXTOR or bad and whats the general feeling on their product?

woodchip 21:46 30 May 03

It's One of the good ones, My pref is Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm

King Diamond 21:52 30 May 03

Yeah I agree Woodchip...I have a 40gb seagate and a 40gb maxtor and they are great.

I tend to stay away from Western Digital, so many people I know have had problems with them. But that happens to everyone at some point in time.

rambus 21:59 30 May 03

upgraded my pc about six months ago from a 6gig to a 20gig both old and new are maxtor, have found both to be very good, easy to install,format
and load operating systems no proplem, i would
recomend maxtor going on my experience.
though i would imagine all quality brands are excellent. goodluck,
rambus

Despicable Desperado 22:50 30 May 03

Think the manufacturers have sorted out the probs. Work for a computer company and we are currently using Maxtors. Very few failures. Steer clear of the Seagate U series as they are prone to failure but the Barracudas are great. Fujitsu have taken over IBM hard drives (after Fujitsu's great deabacle of 5 million knackered drives) so they should be OK now - IBM drives were the creme de la creme. Bear in mind that there is probably only a 1 year warranty on any lower priced drive.

frankie 22:55 30 May 03

maxtor is king only ones i use

Quiller. 23:01 30 May 03

I have to agree with you. I would only use seagate drives for all my computer builds. I tried a maxtor, recommend and have never used any thing else.

In my opinion they are the best.

The Spires 23:34 30 May 03

I thought Hitachi do the IBM drives.

jediknight007 23:39 30 May 03

Maxtor are simply the best. Have one of their Maxtor Diamondmax Plus 9 60Gb UDMA 133 7200rpm Hard Drives. No problems so far. Runs perfectly and was easy to install. Would definitely buy Maxtor again in the future.

Migwell 00:06 31 May 03

Had a Maxtor the same as jediknight007 It went wrong after 5 month. The firm I bought it from had also had other returned units, exchanget it for a Western Digital, no problems as yet. King Diamond has me a bit worried now!!!

Djohn 01:25 31 May 03

for me as well...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5