Opinion on Radeon HD 3650 AGP

MarvintheAndroid 11:01 24 Jan 09

Hi everybody.

Please can somone give me a quick performance comparison between a Radeon HD 3650 AGP and my existing NVidia 8600GS AGP (unlocked 16pp 6vp) ?

click here

Would this be a worthwhile upgrade ? I am not especially familiar with ATI cards.

System is AMD64 3800+ with 2 gig DDR RAM.

Games currently causing performance issues : Medal of Honor Airborne, Tomb Raider Underworld. Both play but at much reduced settings.

Thanks

Marv

wjrt 11:52 24 Jan 09

click here
apparently the best agp graphics card

MarvintheAndroid 01:48 25 Jan 09

Thanks for the reply, but I was looking for more of a direct comparison - i.e. will it make any significant improvement ? If I can't get at least 30% more power (in terns of frame rates etc on recent games) it isn't worth doing.

Marv

citadel 09:58 25 Jan 09

3850 agp is the best you can get, has 512 of ram which is good. cant find any benchmarks.

MarvintheAndroid 19:11 27 Feb 10

If anyone is still interested I can report that I opted for the HD3850 as suggested by wjrt and citadel. This upgrade was well and truly worthwhile, and doubled my 3DMark score with a single component upgrade. The games mentioned all run smooth as silk.

12 months later the card is still going strong (although I changed to a quieter cooler) and I am still very happy with it.

Marv

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac