opinion - Audio video sender vs media server

reddwarfcrew 16:21 15 Dec 05

Hi,

I want to be able to play my music collection that is on my PC upstairs on my Hi-Fi in my lounge.

But I can't decide whether to go with one of the media servers (ranging from the apple airport express to the philips and d-link range) or to simply get an AV sender from argos for £30.

My PC has video and audio line out's and I also have a wireless mouse and keyboard, so it seems too obvious to buy a cheap AV sender and be able to have the same access to my PC on my TV screen and Hi-Fi system.

Okay, the media servers give a nice front end sreen to be able to control my collection via menus on TV, but they are far more expensive and require creating a wireless network (which from reading some reviews it seems to suggest a wired network gives far more stable results... which I want to avoid at the moment).

Does anyone have any experiences or suggestions as to why a cheap AV sender isn't a good idea?

Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…