This Operation Has been Cancelled???

osben 11:58 AM 05 Jul 12

Yesterday all was OK with my computer but today I find that I have a proble in MS Outlook. When I get an email come in with an address to a website and I click on the address to send me to the website, I get a message come up as follows: ""This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your ststem administrator""

I did think that my antivirus (I use Avast anti virus) might be the problem but nothing has changed since yesterday and I have checked the settings.

Any help would be greatly apreciated. Regards

rdave13 12:21 PM 05 Jul 12

Have a look at this fix it.

osben 12:42 PM 05 Jul 12

Hi rdave13

Thanks for the quick help.

the link was great. Problem solved.

I do wonder what caused it though. Any ideas?

Thanks again for your help

rdave13 23:02 PM 05 Jul 12

Do you use a registry cleaner apart from Ccleaner's one? It could be something like that or an overzealous optimizing program.

osben 09:32 AM 06 Jul 12

Hi rdave13

You could be right, I use Wise PC engineer sometimes, however I don't remember using it the day before.

Funnily enough I was thinking of ditching it. I don't think it is a very good suite of programmes. I have used better.

Thanks for your help.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

MIT builds an awesome 3D printer that can use 10 materials at once

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites