Operation failed. An object could not be found.

Granger 21:09 18 Nov 03

WinXP Pro, fully updated. Office XP SP2.

Audiotrieve's Inboxer anti-spam program got a rave review in PCA recently but it's caused me some trouble. I changed the PST file Outlook was using for email delivery.

When I tried to close the redundant PST file I got the message "Operation failed. An object could not be found". Same message if I tried to view its properties. Tried renaming the file but it still apears as "Personal Folders" (but then it can't be expanded). Uninstalled the Inboxer program but no luck. Tried restoring this PST file back as the main email delivery folders, but it still won't work. I tried substituting a known valid PST file with the same name, but that didn't help, so it's not the PST file itself that's gone wrong.

This Inboxer integrated with Outlook, installing a toolbar, and creating 2 new folders in the PST file. Any ideas? I hate the idea of System Restore (after some nightmare experiences).

Diodorus Siculus 22:31 18 Nov 03

click here for the MS answer.

If no good, then click here and take your pick.

Diodorus Siculus 23:40 27 Dec 03

Operations still failing? You could get struck off...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…