Operating Systems

Young neil 17:55 09 Jun 03

I currently have windows XP home edition supplying the operating system for my PC and I am going to upgrade it to windows XP professional,I was wandering if XP professional can be installed over the top of XP home edition with no problems or would it be better to format the hard drive and start from scratch ?

Lú-tzé 18:00 09 Jun 03

While there should be no problems, I would suggest going for a format, partion, and clean install. That way it is more likely to be easy to troubleshoot any problems which may arise.

barrie_g 18:03 09 Jun 03

for home use I wouldn't bother with the upgrade as you are very unlikely to notice any difference, so I would suggest that you either save your money or put it towards a dvd writer or some other upgrade where you will see an improvement for you money.

Young neil 18:07 09 Jun 03

Thanks Lu-tze

I thought that would have been the way to go

Thanks again

The Mad Hacker 18:24 09 Jun 03

TBH, I think professional does have some noticeable security upgrades. Some people I know complain that it's slower than home edition after upgrading, but I don't think this is the case.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…