Operating Systems

groundhog99 21:18 30 Oct 05

I'm looking at investing in a wireless network for three PCs (two desk tops and a lap top). Two of the PCs have windows XP home with the other on Windows ME. Do you know if this will cause any problems. The PCs are based in different rooms around the house

Also, I am looking at the Netgear DG834GT, has anyone any experience of this - or is there a better product out there. I am looking to share internet connection, files and printers

Many thanks for your help - you will probably guess I'm not a PC 'expert' so simple answers will really help me

Thanks

Taff™ 21:44 30 Oct 05

I have set up networks using this combination without any problems. I use this type of router and set up configuration. click here I believe the router you mention will also do the job.

Taff™ 21:45 30 Oct 05
  PaulB2005 00:27 31 Oct 05

Two of the PCs have windows XP home with the other on Windows ME.

Exact same set up as here. No problems.

groundhog99 22:14 01 Nov 05

Many thanks for your help all

xfox 13:24 02 Nov 05

can anobody telme whats the new operating system from microsoft that will replace XP??????????:)

PaulB2005 14:47 02 Nov 05

Windows Vista click here

xfox 13:01 03 Nov 05

thanks paul i realy need to know

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…