Operating System on a new hard drive?

crampa 10:35 28 Jun 07

Hi,

I was wondering if you could help me...

I have built a new system and had it up and running for about 5 months, everything runs fine.

I have 2 DVD/WR's, 3 hard drives (2 SATA 200GB & 250GB & 1 IDE 80GB), 4GB of Corsair 6400 RAM, E6600 Intel CPU, 512MB Graphics DVI output.

The problem I have is this... I wanted to make a fresh start i.e. wipe everyting clean and start a fresh. I am running Windows Vista Ultimate. So, I transferred all my media e.g. music, videos etc. to the 250GB hard drive. Then I re-booted and ran from the Vista Ultimate DVD formatting the hard drives as I go, when I come to install my Vista on the 80GB (IDE) or the 200GB (SATA) it says that the drivers are not installed??? so now I can't boot because I have no OS.
In BIOS all the connection details are set to AUTO so they are automatically found, is it something to do with the jumper lead settings or BIOS?

I am very confused...

I do no a bit about computers as I built this 1 and worked 1st time but I am very confused about this? And also which drive is the best to run my operating system off, the smaller 1 (IDE) or the larger 1 (SATA)?

Please can you help :)

Colin

Press Man 11:00 28 Jun 07

Try disconnecting all but one hard drive and one cd drive, then try and install OS.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac