Operating System missing ?

TonyAA 12:40 22 Jun 05

Been having a few problems with internet explorer so tried to do a repair using Win XP cd and when I tried, windows informs me it can find no operating system on my computer so I should exit or instal Win XP.Also unable to get into bios even after trying dozens of times.Could the hard disk be failing or data on it corrupt.Anyone come across this ?.

VoG II 12:54 22 Jun 05
  TonyAA 13:14 22 Jun 05

Thanks VoG™ but the solutions suggested are impossible to carry out as I can't get into the Recovery Console or the Bios.

gudgulf 14:08 22 Jun 05

The BIOS is contained within a chip on the motherboard. So if you can't access it, it points towards a hardware fault or problem with the BIOS itself.

What happens when you try to get into the BIOS?

You could try unplugging the pc from the mains then clearing the CMOS with the jumper near the battery(or remove the battery for a few seconds and refit).When you reboot all the Bios default settings will be restored.

TonyAA 14:31 22 Jun 05

It was the repair thing I couldn't get into.I did now managage to get into the recovery console and it told me the MBR is non standard but it repaired it.Now able to access bios but still can't do a full repair as it is still saying no previous copy of windows present.

Reason I am trying to repair is that warnings keep appearing that internet explorer is finding IP conflicts.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…