Operating System Failure

jimmyflood 21:33 29 Sep 08

I have had major problems with my xp home pc.
I did a complete reboot from my supplied disk (not full os), however I foolishly changed the parition when I was rebooting which led to a re-format of my hard drive and wiped an image file from my D drive. I have since tried to install another OEM version of XP Home, which I managed, however I tried to update to service pack 2 and got caught up in Genuine Advantage Problems. After my alloted time had run out to Register my new copy of Windows, I was able to boot the system up in safe mode, so I did a System Restore back to a previous date before the initial reboot, however I now cannot boot up the system at all, even from CD-Rom, Help, out of my depth!!

woodchip 21:46 29 Sep 08

You can get unformat Programs. Plus Test Disc will find any Partitions that have changed or been deleted click here

It just may put things back to as they was

woodchip 21:48 29 Sep 08

It would be a good Idea to print the instructions off

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…