operating system

casper69 19:27 14 Mar 06

hi
which is the best o/s out there
windows xp home edition
windows xp professional
windows xp media centre
or any others
ineed to know what the difference is between them and what would be best for film watching, game play, music and muti tasking
cheers

Skills 19:38 14 Mar 06

The media centre edition is XP pro with the media part tagged on so i believe. If your going to want to watch live TV etc through a TV card then may well be worth it.

For general every day use thou XP home will be fine you only really need pro if your going to be networking in a serious way and you need the extra security features heres a comapre of home vs pro click here

woodchip 19:45 14 Mar 06

Doubt you need more than Home

ade.h 22:14 14 Mar 06

I use Pro on both my office desktop and laptop, because I make use of its extra abilities, but not everyone would.

I have also been known to use Suse 9.2 from time to time, so don't rule that (or an equivalent) out.

Xp Pro x64 Edition is not worth the added hassle at this stage; something that is reflected in its very modest uptake.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Portable power and versatile design let down by expensive accessories and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best design TV series, films & documentaries

iPhone 7 Plus vs Sony Xperia XZ Premium comparison preview: Superb camera gives Sony the edge - on…