operating sys lyunx to windows xp o/s

saz89 09:37 03 Jul 04

my computer has lynux operating system ,can i install windows xp o/s and if i can how do i do it

AndySD 10:25 03 Jul 04

Just to clarify

Do you want to completely remove linux

Also what is your processor and how much RAM do you have?

saz89 12:44 03 Jul 04

i want to remove lynux completely if possible.processor amdathlon xp2500p,ram 256mbddrsdra
i am happy to leave lynux on if it is easier to do that.

AndySD 13:38 03 Jul 04

Boot with the XP cd (you may need to change the first boot device in the bios to do this)(also make sure the xp cd is in the drive) Now have a look click here you will at step5. "Choose an installation partition" have to delete all the partitions and create either one or more new ones. (the first partition myst be bigger then 2ooomb my personal chooce would be to leave 2000mb free eg take the whole drive size less 2000mb and later whilst in windows go to disk manager and make this fre space into a new partition.)

Then load windows onto you new c partition you will need to use the format option ...choose ntfs and windows will do the rest for you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…