Operating problems/Panda AV

Ritchbee 23:29 25 Jun 05

The original message is what I posted about a week ago.

Through the link that someone kindly supplied it gave advice on how to fix the problem she was having with uninstalling her Panda AV.

I instructed her to read through the forum notes and see if it matched her problem and expected her to talk it over with me first.

Not sure what she was doing tonight but it seems that what ever she has done it has now corrupted her operating system.

From what she tells me she went into safe mode but I don't know if she disabled the system restore prior to doing so which you supposed to do. (yes/no)

The system restore will not work now although she tells me she did prior to attemping whatever !.

Now when she clicks on Start, All programs nothing is there.

Is there a way back from this.

Apologies for this put I'm trying to relate what I've been told on the phone.

Any advice would be most welcome.

Brian

"My sister in law has a problem with un-installing her current version.
This is her message....

The version I am trying to uninstall is Panda Platinum Antivirus 7.0 which is due to expire 19/7/05 The new version I am trying to install is Panda Titanium Antivirus 2005 I have downloaded the Titanium from the internet along with all support documents and it is when I come to install it that I get problems. It runs fine until it asks me to uninstall previous antivirus which I can't do and therefore the installation aborts.

The error message that is coming up is as follows.

"Error extracting support files"

"The system cannot find the file specified"

Have the registry files been corrupted ?.

We tried system restore but the same error just occurs

Any advice would be most welcome".

regards Brian

Ritchbee 14:45 26 Jun 05

Anyone got any advice ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017