Opera.exe missing

joseph k. 10:34 14 May 04

On attempting to launch 'Microsoft catalogue' from XP, I have been told that 'Opera exe.' is missing. Any ideas. This has happened since I tested out some other browsers including 'Opera' - would this have any relevance?

TomJerry 10:40 14 May 04

You set opera as the default broswer when you test opera. You need to edit file type associate to make IE the default's broswer again.

Easier way: Use XP's restore function to restore to the point before Opera test if you have turn on your XP restore function.

A useful trick: Create a Power User and test anything from that user.

joseph k. 11:14 14 May 04

It's all been a bit of an episode I'm afraid! I have since uninstalled Opera, tried all I knew and finally decided that the only thing left was to take the drastic (and probably stupid) action of reinstalling XP and all the necessary updates. It was then that I tried this (and to reinstall my sound drivers) that I noticed nothing had improved. A catalogue of errors methinks!

joseph k. 18:33 14 May 04

Reinstalled Opera - everything was great. Re-uninstalled opera - it was terrible again. Discovered I needed to reinstall Windows Journal Viewer - It's great again. Touch my head! Is that a fair plot for an.............Opera. Perhaps not they always tend to end badly. Here's hoping not!

joseph k. 22:35 14 May 04

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrm. And reinstalling opera once more in grim, if temporary defeat!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…