Opera and Zone Alarm

logoff 19:46 17 Feb 03

Does anyone know if there is any known problem using these two applications? I have recently installed ZA and since then (could be a coincidence?) Opera freezes almost instantly and it takes quite an effort to close the programme down.
Use Windows XP and AOL 7 as main browser,
Thanks for any information

MAJ 19:54 17 Feb 03

I've never had a problem running ZA and Opera together.

BeeWee 20:10 17 Feb 03

neither have i...it seems to work perfectly for me. i run windows se though

New Zealander 20:15 17 Feb 03

What version of opera are you using?

midase 20:23 17 Feb 03

I had problems with Opera and Zonealarm Pro after an update of Zonealarm. Pages wouldn't load, just froze untill I lowered the settings or shut down Zonealarm. I installed Opera 7 and have not had any more problems. If you install Opera 7 you cannot import Opera 6 Bookmarks. If you do you will find that the Bookmarks tab will not function untill you delete the imported bookmarks.

midase 20:25 17 Feb 03

I had problems with Opera and Zonealarm Pro after an update of Zonealarm. Pages wouldn't load, just froze until I lowered the settings or shut down Zonealarm. I installed Opera 7 and have not had any more problems. If you install Opera 7 you cannot import Opera 6 Bookmarks. If you do you will find that the Bookmarks tab will not function until you delete the imported bookmarks.

midase 20:26 17 Feb 03

I had problems with Opera and Zonealarm Pro after an update of Zonealarm. Pages wouldn't load, just froze until I lowered the settings or shut down Zonealarm. I installed Opera 7 and have not had any more problems. If you install Opera 7 you cannot import Opera 6 Bookmarks. If you do you will find that the Bookmarks tab will not function until you delete the imported bookmarks.

flecc 20:27 17 Feb 03

I run these two and have never had a problem, but I do use a very old version of ZoneAlarm which I think much better han later versions which do cause some problems.

In this connection, firewalls don't need updating if they've been well designed in the first place, and ZoneAlarm was one of the best designs of all when it was released..

midase 20:28 17 Feb 03

Sorry about the triple response. Had a connection problem.

logoff 20:42 17 Feb 03

For all the above comments-I may try and uninstall/reinstall Opera in the latest version. I am running v 6.0 and I am aware there is a later one.

Thanks again for the input.
C

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…