Opera - what is going on???

Border View 17:41 03 Apr 10

I have just switched my computer on. I use Opera as my browser. (XP home SP3). It mentioned updating Opera OK. Now I cannot find my bookmark pages, the whole home page has changed and am at a total loss.

Has anyone else suffered the same problems. Ready to ditch Opera and revert to IE8

Simsy 18:15 03 Apr 10

some corruption on first install.

I redownloaded, reinstalled, and all now fine.
(I assume you're talking about version 10.51 ?)

Regards,

Simsy

Woolwell 18:17 03 Apr 10

I didn't have any problems with the update.

Salut 18:20 03 Apr 10

Opera 10.51: No problems with the update here either. So much better, responsive and secure than IE8 too, a real gem...

Border View 18:33 03 Apr 10

OK so I have done a system restore, uninstalled Opera, reinstalled and I still cannon find my bookmarks.

Can someone please tell me how to find bookmarks. It used to be in a list across the top of my page which is no longer there.

I have always been more than happy with Opera but at the moment I am tearing my hair out. I know its something to do with the page layout.

wiz-king 18:46 03 Apr 10

View / Toolbars?

Border View 18:58 03 Apr 10

Thanks wiz-king but I cant find "view" to start with. Cant decide where I am going wrong. I have a list at the top Home - Index - Contents = Search = Glossry = Help = First = Previous = Next = Last = Copyright = Author

Border View 19:04 03 Apr 10

Think I have this sorted. But why on earth do they have to mess things about.

Eeeh Gads

Border View 19:04 03 Apr 10

Think I have this sorted. But why on earth do they have to mess things about.

Eeeh Gads

Woolwell 19:07 03 Apr 10

If you click on the red O you can then select show menu bar and this will bring back the more familiar headings. Getting to view in the new layout seems very difficult.

pookie 22:23 03 Apr 10

i have ie8 at moment. to use opera do i need to uninstall ie8 from add/remove programmes?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…