Opera and resetting passwords.

Daibus 13:26 08 Dec 05

I suddenly find when using Opera that I have to keep entering my password to get into certain web pages, for example:- My Yahoo and PC Advisor whereas previously the passwords were set on my computer.

My cookies settings do not seem to have altered but I've probably altered something. If I use Firefox or IE everything is fine and I don't have to keep resetting the passwords.

Any ideas?

octal 13:34 08 Dec 05

Have a look in Tools>Advanced and open Wand Passwords and make sure there is a tick in Cookies, that should retain the passwords.

Daibus 13:48 08 Dec 05

Many thanks for your reply but in Wand Passwords Cookies are ticked - any more ideas?

Daibus 15:25 15 Dec 05

Still unable to set passwords using Opera and I've been into Cookies/Wand - ticked and unticked but no joy.

If I use Firefox or IE there is no problem and the passwords are retained -any ideas?

octal 17:38 15 Dec 05

I'm just wondering if there is something wrong with your Opera installation. You could try deleting and re-installing it, don't forget to save your Opera bookmarks before you delete it though, they can't be imported after the re-install.

Daibus 19:21 15 Dec 05

Thank you for your reply - I've just done an Image Restore with Acronis - back about 24 hrs and all is well again but I have suspicion that the problem occured after I did a Spybot scan when it found 2 negligable type threats - but that is only a guess.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now