Opera problems

Dannyb 16:34 23 Mar 03

I have downloaded Opera 7 on my laptop running Windows XP Pro and cannot work out how to make Opera my default browser so that is signs in automatically when I open it, also, how do I make the Opera email my default email programme. Lastly, I tried to download a skin and cannot install it. They say right click on the main toolbar and select skins from the dropdown menu. I don't get a drop down menu. What have I done wrong?
Thanks

Phased 16:52 23 Mar 03

You may have problems getting Opera to connect to the nety for you like IE does even if it is your Default browser (File/Preferences/Default Browser), I put a shortcut on my taskbar to connect. click here for version 7 skins, perhaps you tried to install a version 6 or early 7 skin. If you right click on the far righthand side of the top bar at the bottom you should see 'Get Skins'. I don't use the opera Mail client so I'm not sure about that.

Phased 16:54 23 Mar 03

nety..??? :-)

Phased 16:58 23 Mar 03

Lifted from Pera Knowledge Base, >>Opera cannot be set up to automatically dial up you Internet Service Provider, because the program hasn't been designed to be able to initiate a dialer as it's not got its own. Opera only communicates with Windows for a windows socket (winsock) request. You'll have to manually start your dialer and dial up, then start using Opera.<< click here

beeuuem 17:13 23 Mar 03

Go to File > preferences and look in Default browser to set Opera as your default. Look in
Preferences > E mail to set up the Opera mail account.

Dannyb 21:12 23 Mar 03

Still get nothing with the right click on the main toolbar.

Dannyb 21:12 23 Mar 03

Still get nothing with the right click on the main toolbar.

beeuuem 21:30 23 Mar 03

In Opera try File>Preferences >Browser Look then click 'help' tab at bottom right to find skins

Phased 23:38 23 Mar 03

Are you using the latest version of Opera 7.03...?

Dannyb 10:38 24 Mar 03

Phased,

No I'm not. I think you might be right but I've tried to download the latest version now from mumerous different sites and each time I get asked for a password. Any idea how I can get the latest free version to download?

Pesala 11:10 24 Mar 03

I just downloaded the full installation for Opera 7.03 from Simtel, choosing the server in the Netherlands. I just clicked on the Free Download button on the Opera Home Page click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…