opera problems

rupie 07:28 02 Jun 05

I have been using opera search engine for a while now but i upgraded to 8.0 the other day. now if i save a bookmark it creates a file on my desktop called opera6.adr and 1 called opera6.adr.bak. if i delete them i loose all my bookmarks. if i move them to my opera program folder i loose them as well. also i am on v8.0 and the file says 6. having the files on my desktop is a pain how can i stop this ?? i have reinstalled it from the programs folder to no avail.

Simsy 08:44 06 Jun 05

where I don't have access to Opera, but I do use it at home...

I'm doing this from memory, so I may have this slightly wrong, and it may not be the answer anyway... but it's worth a try...

Tools>Preferences Somewhere in there is the option to change various paths for where things are saved. Normally of course the file(s0 in question would be saved in the "Opera" folder in the "Programme Files" folder on the "C" drive. Perhaps your setup has somehow got changed to save them on the desktop.

Apologies for wasting your time and raising hopes if this proves to be a dead end!!

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…