Opera not responding

TN 16:26 13 Sep 08

I am using Opera v 9.52 and have never had any problems with Opera previously. However every 60 to 90 seconds Opera locks and shows 'not responding' on the title line. It stays like this for anything up to 2 minutes, then starts again for another minute or so and repeats the whole process. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing with the samje result. I am running Windows XP Home edition, with 1 GB memory. The computer is checked daily for nasties with two programmes. BTW it has locked twice during the typing of this question. Any help sincerely appreciated. I have also tried System Restore but cannot get back to any previous checkpoint.

Sea Urchin 17:44 13 Sep 08

Might be worth removing and Opera and then re-installing it.

rdave13 17:55 13 Sep 08

As Sea Urchin but try uninstalling with Revo, click here . Reboot and try re-installing.

TN 20:16 13 Sep 08

Thanks to both of you - as I said above I had uninstalled and re-installed twice but on rdave13's suggestion I downloaded the Revo programme (which I had never heard of previously) and ran it! Amazingly all is 100%. There must have been something left after each uninstall that Revo has found and kicked into touch! Thanks to both of you for your time and energy - this makes browsing what it should be like.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…