Opera Internet Browser - With/Without Java?

BlueMeanie 11:17 04 Jan 04

I wish to try Opera Internet Browser instead of MS Internet Explorer.

On the Opera download page it offers two downloads either with Java or without Java, Which one do I need ? PS what is Java ?

Operating system Windows 98 SE, installed August 2000, printer, scanner, graphics tablet, NTL Broadband numerous games + software.

Thanks in advance

Chegs ® 11:24 04 Jan 04

I would get the "with java" d/l.I have used Opera for a while now(in preference to IE)as its features suit my needs,without add-ins.I haven't used the javaless version,but recently had a message come up in Opera stating "objects couldn't be displayed" as I had a prob with java.I wasn't unduly bothered by this,as it looked like it was trying to stuff adverts onto my puter.

Pesala 13:52 04 Jan 04

It is well worth visiting the Opera Forums to get help on using Opera. Advisable to read the help file and online M2 Tutorial first though. The M2 email client works differently to other email clients.

M2 Email Client: click here

Customising Opera: click here

Opera for Windows: click here

General: click here

My Opera Community: click here

BlueMeanie 20:20 05 Jan 04

Thanks for your info everyone

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…