Opera help needed please

BeeWee 16:22 13 Nov 05

I am using the most recent version of Opera. It's driving me mad!

This is the problem:

When I follow a link or "click here" in the case of PC Advisor, when I want to return to the original page, the back button is greyed out and I have to leave the site and start all over again!

This happens not only here, but whenever I follow a link.

I hope someone can help me.

Devil Fish 16:29 13 Nov 05

right click the link select open in new window, when finished close the window and the origional page is still in tact

BeeWee 16:36 13 Nov 05

oooo thank you Devil Fish - now why didn't I think of that?

However in the last version of Opera this problem didn't arise? Is this common to everyone using this new version?

BTW I had to drag the buttons on to the tool bar could I have done something wrong?

Beth

Devil Fish 16:40 13 Nov 05

i dont know if it is a common fault as i am using firefox but their maybe someone out their with a bit more info and knowledge of opera that can help

octal 16:41 13 Nov 05

What version of Opera? Is it 8.5? If it is the back button is installed by default, you don't need to drag and drop it. Maybe try reinstalling Opera it in case its got corrupted.

octal 16:44 13 Nov 05

Just a thought, go to View>Toolbars and make sure Main Bar has a tick against it.

ade.h 17:02 13 Nov 05

I haven't experienced that problem and I have three installations of 8.5. You don't need the main bar visible, as long as the necessary buttons have been placed on the page bar (next to the address box). Also, check you settings for handling new pages opened from links; might be something wrong there maybe.

BeeWee 17:18 13 Nov 05

octal - main bar is ticked..yes opera 8.5..no buttons were loaded by default..I had to do it manually. Should I uninstall than install again?

ade.h 17:43 13 Nov 05

No buttons were loaded by default....

In a way, you're right. In so far as when there is no webpage loaded, you won't see the page par, and the main bar isn't activated by default. You need to adjust your preferences to see it, and then you'll see that it contains all the icons to which Octal refers. Opera takes a little bit of work to get it to your liking.

Have you had the chance to look at your new page settings yet?

BeeWee 17:49 13 Nov 05

ade.h - I have everything to my liking except that the back button won't work as it did in the previous version (as explained previously). I don't know where to look for my new page settings - perhaps you could help me with this please?

Beth

octal 17:52 13 Nov 05

I must admit I've played around with my Opera quite a bit, so I can't remember quite how it installs, this is a screen shot of mine:
click here

I tend to use the main bar because I prefer it that way.
click here

I still can't quite puzzle out why the back button is greyed out, I haven't found any settings relating to links yet, maybe I can't see the wood for the trees.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…