Opera Farce

igk 05 Aug 11

I thought I would try Opera again after a few years using Firefox,Downloaded and installed it and after a day or so found that for me it was a bit too complicated layout so I uninstalled and got rid of the bits that it left behind and now I have just seen that every image/photo on my computer now says TYPE:OPERA IMAGE when the mouse arrow is hovered over them !!! I have no idea what the hell that is all about !!

mgmcc 05 Aug 11

Opera took over as the default program for opening .jpg (and possibly other graphics format) files. You don't say which version of Windows you're using, but right click a photo and select "Open with" then, instead of selecting from the list, click "Choose Program". Select the correct graphics application and tick the box "always use this program to open this type of file" - the actual wording varies depending on the version of Windows.

If you simply select a program from the list instead of "Choose program", you won't get the box to set it as the program that should always be used.

igk 05 Aug 11

MGMCC, Thanks for the info I will do as you suggest, my os is Vista but I know what you mean, it will probably take a couple of years to get rid of the Opera thing as I have a lot of Photos/images. Thanks..

johnnyrocker 05 Aug 11

i am confused now as there appears to be more than one post on the same subject? please advise which is correct?

johnnyrocker

Woolwell 05 Aug 11

See your other thread - For Vista the quick way (and the way I did it) was like this File extension allocation and allocate jpg and png to the correct program.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message