Opera does not save

Dirk-174067 11:42 30 Apr 05

I changed my browser from Internet Explorer to Opera. When accessing web sites I make a habit of saving these pages for later reference. However, in Opera’s case I have a problem when I save a page with “saving as” as a HTML document. Only the single icon is saved with no corresponding folder with a similar name containing the icon’s files like in Internet Explorer or Netscape. The result is that I only have part of the file saved. Rolling Eyes When I save a file with the “save with images as” option the page get perfectly displayed again, but I now have numerous icons in one folder with no separate folder containing the files. You can imagine my frustration with the number of icons I’m stuck with after having saved a hundred or so web pages at a time. In the case of Internet Explorer you will find that the file may be save as “Web Page, complete”; “Web Archive, single file”; “Web page, HTML only” or “Text file”. In Opera one does not have these options. Can you perhaps help!

Pesala 16:29 30 Apr 05

This feature has been requested a few times in the wish list forum click here= but it is not available yet. Just create a new folder for each web page before you save it.

Better still, highlight the text that interests you on the page, right-click, and select "copy to note." You can return to that page later by double clicking on the note that you have made.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant