Opera browser vs Privacy settings

bill sykes 10:44 25 May 03

Previously I used IE 6 as my browser in conjunction with Norton AV, Spybot, SpywareGuard,SpywareBlaster, and set my IE option to only accept cookies from known sites. Somehow this little mixture gave me the feeling that I was reasonably secure from the bad guys out there. If I decide to use Opera as my default browser do I have to re-think this? Presumably the Internet Option settings only apply to IE6? Will the protection of Spybot/SpywareGuard and SpywareBlaster be diminished? Can anyone suggest what privacy settings need to be set for this browser to give maximum security (I have set privacy to accept only normal cookies from named servers, I guess this is a start)? Any suggestions would be most welcome, particularly from Opera lovers.

-pops- 10:49 25 May 03

Pesala is the Opera King here. I'm sure you'll get sorted out soon!

Morz 11:16 25 May 03

Opera Home page & links will give answers or recommendations.

I have mine set to 'accept all cookies'& 'from all servers'.
If you don't do this, Hotmail and many other sites just won't work.
But you even the score by setting 'throw away all new cookies on exit'!

Provided they are not there and installed deep in the innards already, Spywareblaster will stop any nasties that might get through from 'taking root'

But do have rummage around Opera site - all this and more is very well explained.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…