Opera browser vs Java

bill sykes 10:44 18 May 03

Hi, I am thinking of downloading and trying the new Opera browser that I saw mentioned in this forum. My system already has MS JVM installed adnd the Java Runtime from Sun. When I visit the Opera site it asks if I want the 'java' version? Should I load this version if I want all the features? Will it impact on the java I already have or is it built into the browser and just used by Opera. Thanks for any help.

-pops- 11:13 18 May 03

I am very disappointed with the new version 7 of Opera. Until this version came out, I was a big fan and would have recommended it highly but now, well, not so. There are things in it that do not function in the same way, or even at all, as other browsers and that in itself puts me off using it.

To answer your question, it used to be that if you already had Java installed the Opera download would take that into account. So, download the "with Java" version and let it sort itself out.

The Spires 12:02 18 May 03

Having had a while to get used to the 7 series of Opera browsers I can now say I am quite happy with the way they function, with the latest version they may have moved into some complexity that I personally do not need, but as regards comparison with IE6, 'Install Heaps Of Junk You Don't Want Whether You Tell It To Or Not' (Netscape) & even Mozilla, Opera wins hands down in my opinion absolute.

midase 15:28 18 May 03

I use Opera the majority of the time also Fast Browser Pro.

bill sykes 21:04 18 May 03

for the input, I'll download it and take a look.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…