Opera browser question

sjbell 12:06 10 Jan 05

I've been experimenting with the latest version of the Opera browser and I quite like it. There is just one niggle. Despite installing the UK English language pack (which I thought would solve this problem) when I visit certain websites I am automatically given the US defaults (for example when I go to the Microsoft support website click here) instead of the site recognising my location / settings. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Graham ® 12:55 10 Jan 05

You may have downloaded the US English version. Look in Help, About Opera for the version.

Graham ® 13:09 10 Jan 05

Sorry, that doesn't tell you! Maybe there's only the one English version. Is Microsoft site OK with other browsers?

Graham ® 13:17 10 Jan 05

Just been experimenting myself, microsoft.com takes me to the US site (Pacific Time at the bottom), but I can navigate to the UK site using Countries & Regions on the left.

I think this is by design, but raise a bug report and see what their response is.

sjbell 13:21 10 Jan 05

Other browsers are OK (IE and Firefox). I downloaded the US English version of Opera (7.54u1) as it had security fixes which the UK English version (7.23) didn't - perhaps this is the reason. It's not a major issue. I'm probably going to use Firefox in preference anyway. I will take your advice and post a question in the Opera forums. Thanks for your input. I'll mark the post as resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…