Opera browser and google search

the old man 17:40 04 Apr 06

Normally when i use google search and the results page comes up there are two boxes underneath the dialogue box where you can choose worldwide or u.k. only. I have resently had the upgrade to Opera and when i type in something in the google search this choice is no longer there. Is there a way that something can be configured where the choice is back or that I just use google to search Uk sites only.
current opera is as below

Version 8.53
Build 7722

Coff 18:47 04 Apr 06

You can do this by editing the search.ini file inside your Opera profile folder. In Opera go to Help, About Opera, to find out where your profile folder is. (Mine is C:\Program Files\Opera\profile.)

Close Opera and copy and paste the search.ini file to your desktop as a back up. Open the original search.ini file in Notepad. Under "Search Engine 1" change the reference from google.com to google.co.uk and click on File and then Save.

The line should read URL=click here

(There is a search.ini file directly in the Opera Program Files Folder i.e. not in the profile folder. This is not the one you want to edit.)

The Spires 20:15 04 Apr 06

Coff, thanks for that, done my Opera too. :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced