Opera 9.64 Available for Download

Pesala 11:12 03 Mar 09

Recommended update

Download: click here

Changelog: click here

rdave13 11:32 03 Mar 09

Thanks.

Salut 12:20 03 Mar 09

Thank you. A little surprised that I had to download the file, I thought it did that automatically.

Going for a lie down to recover my composure.

Woolwell 15:12 03 Mar 09

Thanks. But one thing I didn't spot during the upgrade was the option not to make Opera my default browser. The upgrade automatically made Opera the default and I prefer another browser to be my default setting.

TonyV 16:31 03 Mar 09

It came up at the start of the Setup after clicking on Custom! My problem with it is the fact that I have to uncheck the Java Script so that the pages, particularly on this site, open up without the blue margin over riding the text until the whole page has opened. It's the nuisance factor!

TonyV

bretsky 17:58 03 Mar 09

Try going to tools>preferences>Advanced>Browsing and change the loading to "Redraw when loaded" One drawback with this setting is you may have to wait a few more seconds for the whole page to appear "seamlessly" like Firefox.

bretsky ;0)

TonyV 19:19 03 Mar 09

I've done that, and as you say, it takes a few seconds to load correctly. I did try it on the redraw instantly setting, but again, there was the delay. I will leave it on for a while, but have to admit I prefer IE or Firefox. I will put on IE8 when that is issued formally rather than the existing pre-issue one that is avaiable.

Thanks

TonyV

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…