Opera 9 Beta

bruno 20:19 28 Apr 06

Opera 9 beta

I installed this yesterday and used it for a couple of hours.It took me about three downloads to get it to work right,Tonight when I came to use it ,it has gone back to version 8.54.
Any ideas?

ade.h 21:25 28 Apr 06

Yes, stick with 8.54 until 9.0 is in final release. I won't be updating it until then. Let other folk be the guinea pigs.

Mr Mistoffelees 21:39 28 Apr 06

I have been using build 8212 of Opera 9 beta, which was not available from the usual Opera download site, for many weeks now and find it to work very well with very few problems. However, I tried the latest version and it did not work well for me. Not least I could not paste in my "Profile" from my existing version and, no matter what I did, could not easily add my saved Wand file as it would not read the personal information. I'll be sticking with build 8212 until the final version is available.

The Spires 22:17 28 Apr 06

bruno, are you sure you are using the right short cut? Opera Beta doesn't overwrite Opera 8.x but installs to a new Opera Beta folder.

bruno 11:09 29 Apr 06

The Spires.

You were quite right,that is what it was. The idea had occurred to me but I looked in All Programmes and could not find Opera 9 Beta listed.Nor was it a short ccut anywhere.I found it when I did a search and it was in Programme files, so I made a short cut and I am back in business.Thank you all for the response.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…