Opera 8 Beta 2 Available for Download

Pesala 18:03 26 Feb 05

Opera Beta 2 includes new security features, an improved user interface and much more.

Changelogs and Download Link: click here

GibsonSt19 19:29 26 Feb 05

It really is a great browser

Old Shep 20:31 26 Feb 05

It only seems like a week since i upgraded to version 7.54u2 is this another upgrade. Thanks in advance.

Pesala 21:57 26 Feb 05

No. 7.54u2 is still the latest official release. Opera 8 beta 2 is a new beta for what will be the next official version of opera, which will be released when its ready.

It is many weeks since Opera 8 beta 1 was released. Initially, it was called Opera 7.60, but they decided to change the major version number due to significant new features like Voice Control, and some streamlining of the interface.

Old Shep 22:04 26 Feb 05

Thanks for your reply, I am always dubious about installing Beta versions so would welcome your advice on the latest offering. Got to say I love Opera and installed it some while ago after seeing a thread of yours extelling its vitues. Have or has there been any problems with the Beta version.Mnay Thanks.

Pesala 23:49 26 Feb 05

Shep. Just install it in its own directory, and have a look at it. You can run both versions simultaneously without any problems. I haven't used it much yet, as I'm too busy for beta testing, but it seems fine.

Migrating mail from old to new Opera: click here

Migrating custom settings: click here

There are many people like neeraj_deshmukh in the Opera Community who are really helpful. The help and support one receives on the forum is one of the main reasons why I like Opera so much.

See how fast I got help with this problem: click here

And see how much help I got here: click here

Not that the help here is not so good, but obviously the Opera Forum is better for Opera specific questions.

Old Shep 23:54 26 Feb 05

Many thanks for your response,I will give it a try as it is an excellent browser.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…