Opera 8 Beta 1 Available for Download

Pesala 17:44 04 Jan 05

Why the major change in version number? click here

Changelog from 7.54 click here

Download page click here

I have been too busy to install it until today. It installed smoothly over the earlier 7.60 preview version. If you install it, remember this is a beta version. Never use a beta version for anything critical, though all seems very stable here so far.

A few often requested fixes and some major new features like voice control and fit to width display and printing. The menus have been tidied up and made dynamic so you only get chat and/or mail menus if you enable those features.

Mr Mistoffelees 20:33 02 Feb 05

Got this today having been using 7.6 preview for some time. Seems to be functioning nicely with no problems surfacing yet. Opera is such a good browser now it really should be more popular than it is.

Note, it does not install over the earlier version but actually installs alongside it so you can still use the old version if you have a problem.

GibsonSt19 10:50 03 Feb 05

I've used it since release, and has been rock steady. I love Opera, and bought it because of this some time ago. I got a Series 60 Opera Borwser for my phone free at the time, all for about $30 (about £16 at the time).

Pesala 17:52 03 Feb 05

I'm still using Opera 7.54 final, for which another update is available via FTP click here

Pesala 13:01 04 Feb 05

On the Official Download Page now click here

Changelog click here

bertiecharlie 13:06 04 Feb 05

Many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…