Opera 7.20 Beta 8

Pesala 18:56 02 Sep 03

The latest Beta of Opera Browser cures all known problems in Internet Explorer and Outlook Express. Opera's Multiple Document Interface enables one to browse at speed simultaneously on multiple sites.

click here for the download announcement and link. Installs seamlessly over Opera 7x

Built in search (Google/Lycos etc.), on-line translation, download manager, email program, popup stopper, bookmark (favourites) manager, skins, and highly customisable interface.

Chegs ® 19:35 02 Sep 03

and returns to the top of a page everytime it refreshes? (like 7**)

Pesala 19:50 02 Sep 03

to see what you were talking about. Why do you need to refresh the page? On this site, after reading a message, I use the Z shortcut to go back to the previous message list, which is held in the cache, and it sits in the same position on the page as it was before. I only refresh the page if I want to see the new messages, in which case I want to return to the top of the page.

People have different ways of working, but it doesn't seem like a sufficient reason to stay with Opera 6.05. Opera 7.20 still has some problems on this website especially, but it is getting better with each new beta.

I find IE6.0 painfully slow when I have to use it. So much so that I browse MSN group messages in Opera, and use IE only when I find one I want to respond to. I use it because it allows more control over the formatting of my posts.

Pesala 19:52 02 Sep 03

You can install both, and keep returning to version 6.05 if you get frustrated with all the options in the new version.

Most people find M2 the most difficult thing to adjust to, but I love it. No problems at all. It keeps all my email in one basket.

-pops- 20:14 02 Sep 03

It is only a relatively short time since the #6 version of Opera was the one to have. It is now version 7.2 mod 8.

Are these changes real or are they just patching up previous faults, bugs and errors?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…