Opera 7 - A better way of working

Pesala 17:56 06 Apr 03

I have just installed the latest version of Opera, and heartily recommend it to PCA forum members.

Email Client

I have always liked Opera because of its built-in email. No need to load a separate program whilst on-line. The email client has some great new features that really impress.

1. Importing my email from Opra 6 was a dream, at least it was the 2nd time around. The first time I created new accounts and then imported, ending up like Noah, with two of everything. Everything imported seamlessly ? settings, contacts, and messages. Importing bookmarks (favourites) was equally smooth, but that is another story.

2. The email client has three panes: the one on the left lists my contacts, the top one on the right lists messages to and from the selected contact, and the bottom pane on the right shows the selected message. So my entire correspondence with that contact is neatly grouped together. No more searching to find out what I said last time.

3. If I select Mail, Sent in the left pane, the top right pane allows me to sort my sent mail by recepient's name, subject, date, or size. Both, (or all) of my email accounts are included, so whichever email address I used, the messages are grouped logically in the way that I choose. Similarly if I select Mail, Received.

4. Outbox, drafts, and trash folders are much as one would expect, and there is another one called Spam, where suspect mails are automatically dumped. One can also add one's own filters.

5. I can add labels to my messages to mark them as important, todo, mail back, call back, meeting, funny, or valuable.

These are some of the most striking new features in Opera email client that make my work more effecient and so more enjoyable. Why not try Opera7 yourself? It is free and easy to install. There is a vibrant Opera Forum to help you adjust, if you should have any problems.

VoG™ 20:50 06 Apr 03

I'll second that Pesala.

However, what it will not do is reproduce my precious ™ - it appears as a ?

Until they sort that out, I'm sticking with Opera 6.05.

Foolsbane_1 20:55 06 Apr 03

Here is another dedicated Opera fan! It is just unfortunate that we still have to resort to IE for certain websites.

beeuuem 20:56 06 Apr 03

Just testing to see if it will reproduce your ?, 'cos I can see it.

beeuuem 20:58 06 Apr 03

Point taken -it disappears. Fascinating! Why does it do that?

VoG™ 21:00 06 Apr 03

......... I wish I knew ........ !!!?!!

Pesala 21:01 06 Apr 03

I wonder how long it will be before Unicode becomes the de facto standard? It has been around for a long time, and is clearly far superior to ASCII or ANSI systems. I need it for my work, but find that it is not very well supported at all. I can post Unicode characters on MSN groups if I use the dreaded IE, but not with Opera. I haven't tried the latest version there yet though.

Your Trademark displays in the message title as I type it.

Some more Unicode characters ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

All of them display correctly in the message box.

Foolsbane_1 21:34 06 Apr 03

... for those occasions when IE is necessary, I prefer to use Avant. Opera users should be very comfortable with the interface. Free from click here

powerless 22:14 06 Apr 03

?

powerless 22:14 06 Apr 03

hmm

VoG™ 22:18 06 Apr 03

Told you....

Said he who is still trying to work his wat through your Favorites.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…