Proxy Worm 20:26 26 Oct 03

Worth getting? I have been to the site, read it but is it all what it is cracked up to be? They offer a free download- is this a trial and you have to buy it or is this like a free thing?

VoG II 20:28 26 Oct 03

It is free but you have to pay if you don't want to see ads in the toolbar. It is excellent - ask Pesala!

Proxy Worm 20:30 26 Oct 03

So all it does it speed it up?

VoG II 20:33 26 Oct 03

Pages load a lot faster in Opera. And in Mozilla click here

However if you have (as I believe you do) a problem with a slow connection you should sort that out. Using a different browser is not really a solution.

Proxy Worm 20:37 26 Oct 03

No i dont have a slow connection anymore as i have asked BT to increase my gain but i was wondering through a couple of sites and they all mentioned Opera so i got curious and started to ask questions:-)

VoG II 20:40 26 Oct 03

Well, try it - you've got nothing to lose. If you really like it you can fork out a few $ and get rid of the advertising.

When you install it I would suggest that you do NOT make it your default browser. You can always change that later on if you want to.

Proxy Worm 20:43 26 Oct 03

Pesala 20:48 26 Oct 03

I don't even notice the adds, and I have customised my toolbars to use all available space efficiently. One doesn't see the ads at all in full-screen mode, but one can still have just the toolbars one wants.

Opera seems faster because it caches the pages you visit and opens dozens of pages at once, allowing quick switching between them from the tabbed page bar. At the moment, I have a couple of pages at the Opera Forum open, PCA Help Room, and PCA Web Design forum, plus my received email.

The built-in email client informs me when new mail arrives, and I can check it out with a few clicks. When downloading files, the transfer window opens in another page tab and I can keep an eye on the progress (which is displayed in the page tab) while continuing to type this message.

VoG II 20:50 26 Oct 03

There. What did I say...

Proxy Worm 20:50 26 Oct 03

Ok thanks again

Pesala 20:54 26 Oct 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…