OpenOffice.org

Ken Ju-On 20:35 26 Jul 03

Perhaps a lot of you are already aware of this office suite called OpenOffice.org. It's a completely free open source office suite available for download from click here.

It's quite compatible with Microsoft Office files too and can save files in MS Office formats. I've read in articles of a 95% compatibility with MS Office files. It bears resemblence in appearance to MS Office as well.

If you've used it, tell me what you think of it. I don't have queries about it yet, but I just want to tell everyone out there that there is a great office suite available for download completely free of charge. :)

Belatucadrus 20:44 26 Jul 03

Actually there are three free office suites, Open office you've already mentioned, then 602pro click here and EasyOffice click here

Pesala 19:02 27 Jul 03

Since I paid about £300 for WordPerfect 5.1 (remember those days) Open Office is looking pretty good value for money. Now I use Star Office 6.1 beta, which is a slightly different version of the same program, but not free. I've recently started using it for HTML editing, and am suitably impressed. If anyone is wondering if it is worth the big download I would say go ahead, unless you already have MS Office.

Ken Ju-On 20:04 27 Jul 03

And of course, a must for Linux users. ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…