//some 3rd party need geo

openoffice1.1 - emailing spreadsheets

TheGnome 20:59 22 Feb 04

I have just installed this app and have tried to email a spreadsheet, but it won't work. Does anyone know how to tell openoffice that I want to send an email using AOL? I've tried Tools/options/openoffice/external programs but with no success.
Gnome

Valvegrid 21:23 22 Feb 04

Have you tried saving the file, as for example and .xls and attaching it to the email.

Jester2K 21:24 22 Feb 04

Problems When Sending Documents as E-mails From OpenOffice.org
------------------------------------------------------------

When sending a document via 'File - Send - Document as E-mail' or 'Document as PDF Attachment' problems might occur (program crashes or hangs). This is due to the Windows system file "Mapi" (Messaging Application Programming Interface) which causes problems in some file versions. Unfortunately, the problem cannot be narrowed down to a certain version number. For more information visit click here to search the Microsoft Knowledge Base for "mapi dll".

TheGnome 09:02 24 Feb 04

Thank you Valvegrid and Jester2K. I have tried Valvegrid's suggestion but still no joy. I looked at MS Knowledge Base, but there are scores of MAPI items, so I'll keep trying. When I try to send email I get message "An error occurred in sending message. Possible errors could be a missing user account or a defective setup. Please check openoffice settings or your email settings."
When I select Tools/options/external programs I am asked to choose a default email program. it gives me three choices - Evolution,Kmail and Mozilla, and to insert a path. All three mean nothing to me!

Valvegrid 17:55 25 Feb 04

It looks like you are trying to send an email directly from OpenOffice when you go to File>Send>Document as email. It probably won't work because AOL is not supported.

I can really understand why you can't save the document onto your drive, as for instance; mybudget.xls then open AOL and write your email then attach the mybudget.xls file to the email, then hit the send button. This way OpenOffice is not being used at all and AOL doesn't care what the file is, whether it be .xls, .doc, .gif, or any other type of file.

Are you able to send any attachments using AOL?

TheGnome 20:13 25 Feb 04

Hi, Valvegrid,
Thanks for your reply. I have tried sending a spreadsheet by AOL using the method you describe, and it works - thanks. I must admit though, that I thought that when Openoffice offers the option of sending a document as email, that it would pick upon what ISP I am using and send it from there. It does seem rather long winded to have to save and send as attachment etc. Anyway, thanks again for your help - I think I can mark this query as resolved!
Gnome

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…