OpenOffice10 Experiences.

.:º»[RjA]«º:. 21:22 06 Jan 03
  .:º»[RjA]«º:. 21:22 06 Jan 03

Has anyone had experiences using OpenOffice10 under xp pro?

I need a free office program to go on another pc. I had previously tried ability office and staroffice and they both blow.

Taran 21:43 06 Jan 03

It's nice with a lot of useful features.

Not much more to say really.

It will meet the needs of many but is a very far cry from MS Office or Lotus SmartSuite.

It very much depends on your needs, but if you don't like StarOffice or feel it is not sufficiently capable then you won't like OpenOffice.

Try it yourself and tell us what you think.

DieSse 21:45 06 Jan 03

Have a look at this too

click here

DieSse 21:51 06 Jan 03

and here

click here

zanwalk 21:55 06 Jan 03

Yes, I use it on XP Home and W98 and like it very much. It does all that I want it to do, and I like the fact that it will save documents in Microsoft Word format so that others can read them. I have Office 2000 as well, but have now removed it as I like OpenOffice better.

DieSse 21:55 06 Jan 03

and here

click here

AngeTheHippy 10:09 14 Mar 03

but a *naughty* copy which I've now ditched (after using it a v.short while) for this freebee, OpenOffice. I'm more than impressed with it - I find it BETTER than the Lotus - at least it works properly on XP! Lotus didn't. Only problem I have though, the few docs. I created in Lotus I cannot now view - OpenOffice doesn't recognise it. If someone knows the way arounds this niggle, please can they tell me?

Ta lots,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…