OpenOffice Woes

AngeTheHippy 17:53 16 Mar 03

Oh woe is me.... I like this freebe s/w - It does all I need it to but, I used to use Lotus SmartSuite Millenium on my 98se PC, but now my new PC is an XP one, it doesn't like Lotus - however many patches I apply, so I've ditched it for this OpenOffice. Trouble is, it doesn't recognise older docs that are saved in .lwp (Lotus word pro?). Any ideas what I can do about this? I cld of course install Lotus just long enough to copy all the stuff I want into OpenOffice or even wordpad and re-save, but it seems the last resort really....

In hope,
AngeTheHippy
xx

recap 18:27 16 Mar 03

If you do not have any other software that could open the doc's, then the only thing you can do AngeTheHippy is what you have suggested.

AngeTheHippy 21:54 16 Mar 03

but thanks recap, anyway.

interzone55 22:12 16 Mar 03

I'm running XP and have installed Lotus Smartsuite millenium with no problems.

But I also have OpenOffice and no, it won't open any Word Pro documents, no matter which filters I try.

AngeTheHippy 10:05 17 Mar 03

I've had quite a few niggles with this XP since I got the PC in November... had to format the HDD 3 times now, and THEN the vendor thought that I MIGHT need an update for the motherboard chipset (?) Since then though, (crossed fingers) it's been behaving itself (mostly). I'll just have to re-install Lotus and lift everything and re-save in (wordpad) I think.

Ta,

AngeTheHippy

€dstow 10:34 17 Mar 03

Smartsuite 9·7 is the earliest version that claims to be compatible with XP. Note 9 point 7, not 97. Smartsuite Millennium is version 9·5.

You can get it for £23 from click here

€d

interzone55 20:32 17 Mar 03

I have verion 9.8, which is odd because I bought the PC it came with in 1999.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…