Opening Web Pages

swanny2 13:14 26 Oct 08

hello

my frieds problem is ,hes on xp by the way.is that sometimes when he goes too my fav and trys too open the page it wont says cannt display, yet if he copies it the address! into mmmmsn messenger then click on the link there it will open
Hes got norton on his pc but that runs out next week ,just wondering if any 1 knows how too solve the above.
thanks

Sea Urchin 13:52 26 Oct 08

I would try deleting the existing entry in Favorites - then open the web page as above and Add to Favorites again

Ex plorer 15:28 26 Oct 08

Is this a new PC that has Norton on, as when it runs out you have to pay a fee to keep it running and yearly subscription to keep up with all the viruses that are about.
There are free antivirus programs available if you don't want to stay with Norton.

swanny2 15:59 26 Oct 08

ty
yes it is a new pc,what i suggested too him was delete norton then download something like Commodo firewall and Avast anti V.
thing is i dont know how too get rid of Norton?
Could this be whats causing the problem ?
thanks

Ex plorer 16:40 26 Oct 08

You need the Norton removal tool to remove Norton
I will find it or some one else will ok.

Sea Urchin 16:42 26 Oct 08

Here it is:

click here

Ex plorer 16:56 26 Oct 08

Look at the top left of page for down-loads and you will find all you want to protect your PC and most are Free.

swanny2 17:04 26 Oct 08

cheers mate i will send that me mate so he can sort the norton. thanks , but what downloads explorer .what site please.
thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now