Opening a web page and it is completely blank-HSBC

ReyesKing 07:23 22 Jun 05

. This happens when i go to the HSBC Online banking page, enter my User ID and the pop up box that you enter more details into appears but is blank. Does anyone know what may be wrong, or do they use this facility and are they having teh same problem? thankyou

webber_man 08:02 22 Jun 05

What browser are you using? If Firefox try IE. There are a lot of websites that still only work properly with IE - e.g. the national lottery website.

Mainframe Dinosaur 14:50 22 Jun 05

I think the problem could be the other way round. I use HSBC online banking and they introduced a check that popups are allowed in IE. Unless they were then it hung like this. I complained to no avail but now use FIREFOX without problems.

gudgulf 15:05 22 Jun 05

Do you use the Adblock plugin for Firefox?

I've just logged on to my own HSBC account.The logon pop up is adblockable....what happens with Firefox is that the ad itself is blocked but the pop up still appears.....Only blank.So have a look in the adblock settings (Tools>Adblock>Settings) and make sure HSBC is not listed in the box

ReyesKing 17:21 22 Jun 05

Hi thanks for the replies i am using Internet Explorer Version 6.

woodchip 17:25 22 Jun 05

I get strait in with Netscape 7.2

ReyesKing 17:27 22 Jun 05

Is this similar to Internet explorer? I am considering ditching it and getting something else. Anyone else have IE6 and cannot get in?

woodchip 18:40 22 Jun 05
  woodchip 18:42 22 Jun 05

PS its got it own mail application, but you could continue using Outlook Express

VoG II 19:06 22 Jun 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…