Opening a Toolbarless Window

fourjays 09:58 09 Oct 04

I want to have a text link on my webpage, that opens a new browser window, without all the toolbars, and at a smaller size. If you go to click here and click on the jukebox link at the bottom, you may be able to see what I want it to do better. I want the window shrunk around the edges of the jukebox, and no toolbars, other than the minimize, close, etc. Like those help windows you often get on websites, or popups.

Taran 10:26 09 Oct 04

A JavaScript pop-up window is probably what you are looking for.

click here

click here

click here

Those three links take you to online tools that will generate the necessary code for you. You choose which parts of the browser window you want to be able to see (toolbars and whatnot) and the size of the window in relation to the content it will display. Just copy and paste the resulting code into your own web page.

If you have Dreamweaver then there is a pop-up window behaviour you can use, but since you don't mention the software you are using I shan't type out full instructions for that. If you want to know more just ask, but the above three links will give you a good start in the right direction.

fourjays 11:35 09 Oct 04

Ok thanks. I am using Frontpage 2003 anyway. I had a go with the trial of dreamweaver, which I found great for php editing, but found it hard to use otherwise. Its probably just a case of getting used to it, becasue I remember spending hours cussing and cursing FP2003 because it wouldn't do what i wanted. lol.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5